WYOMING COUNTY, (WEST) VIRGINIA, DEATH RECORDS: 1853-1890
END OF 1866
1. NOT NAMED (CHAMBERS), female, d.7 Aug. 1867 at Oceana; cause unknown;
age 6 months; (d/o LEROY B. DEMARIS CHAMBERS) b. Oceana, W.V.;
Informant: L. B. CHAMBERS, father.
2. RHODA SHUMATE, female, d. 7 Sept. 1867; cause unknown; age 45 years,
(d/o CHARLES SALLIE * ) b. Wyo. Co.; married; Informant: AMOS SHUMATE, husband.[* family notes show "DARE"]
3. EMMY STEWART, female, d. 12 June 1867; cause unknown; age 17-3-10;
(d/o WM. NELLY ROACH) b. Wyo. Co.; married to CHARLES F. STEWART;
Informant: NELLY ROACH, mother.
There are no deaths recorded between 1867 and 1875.
No pages are missing from the register.
1. SUSAN COOK, female, d. 16 Sept. 1875 in Wyo. Co., cause of death unknown;
age 28 yrs.; (d/o THOMAS AND JANE COOK) b. Wyo. Co.; unmarried;
Informant: THOMAS COOK, father.
2. MAHALA GODFREY, female, d. 18 March 1875 of dropsey; age 17 yrs.
(d/o A.P. ELIZABETH GODFREY) birthplace unknown; unmarried;
Informant: A. P. GODFREY, father.
3. BARBARY JOHNSON, female, d. 16 Jan. 1875 of old age at 86 yrs.;
(parents and birthplace unknown). Informant:POLLY BELCHER,neighbor.
4. AMANDA MEDLEY, female, d. 1 May 1875. (nothing further given).
5.NANCY WILLS, female, d. 5 July 1875 of consumption at 29 yrs.;
(d/o THOMAS JANE LAXTON) b. Wyo. Co.; married. Informant: ENOCH B. WILLS, husband.
6. GEORGE WORKMAN, male, d. 25 Apl. 1875, cause unknown. Age 7 mo.
(s/o GEORGE POLLY WORKMAN). Informant: POLLY WORKMAN, mother.
END OF PAGE 8. PAGE 9 AND 10 ARE FILLED IN AT RANDOM.
APPARENTLY A LARGE NUMBER OF CHILDREN DIED WITH DIPTHERIA IN 1876.
PAGE 9:All places of death are assumed to be Wyoming Co. unless otherwise noted.
1. SARAH W. TOLIVER, female, d. 11 Jan. 1876 of diptheria; age 10 yrs.
6 mo.; (d/o TOBIAS H. ANNA TOLIVER) b. Wyo.; Informant: father.
Index Page 11